home  navigate_next  열린 강의  navigate_next  선생님 편지

선생님 편지

Game 영어...

이번에도 어떤 원장님이 요청하셨지만.. 사실 지금까지 많은 경우의 요청을 받아 왔더랬습니다... 게임영어에 대해서.. 게임을 영어로 할 수 있는 자료를 만들어 달라... 라는 요청이지요...

요즈음 책이 많이 나와 있으니까 그걸 보구 하라... 라구 해 왔지만 사실... 영어 전문 서점에서 파는 책들이 자세한 행동 하나 하나를 영어로 할 수 있게 나오지는 않아서... 우리나라 사람들이 이 책들을 보구.. 영어를 익히거나... 영어로 게임자체를 하기에는 많은 무리가 있는 것도 사실입니다...

하여...

이렇게 한 번 하는 것은 어떨까 하는 제안 삼아... 글을 한 번 써 보았습니다... 그리고 테스트 삼아 녹음실에서 이를 녹음도 해 보았습니다.
이 원고에 대해 오디오 자료를 원하시는 분들에게는 mp3파일로 드리겠습니다.

액션 부분은 비디오로 촬영해서 비디오 자료로도 볼 수 있도록 해 드릴까요?

어떠 실지 한 번 테스트 해서 답글 달아 주세요...

참고고 cootie catcher라는 게임은 우리나라 아이들도 누구나 하는 종이로 접어서 손가락에 끼우고는 상대방이 말하는 횟수만큼 종이를 움직여서 그 안에 적힌 것을 말하는 "동서남북"이란 게임 아시지요? 바로 그 게임을 선생님과 아이들이 자세하게 하는 스크립트를 만들어 보았습니다...

답글 달아 주세요.

M: Cootie Catcher:

W: Teacher: (Teacher should make a 9 inch by 9 inch square out of paper for each kid in the class)  Hey kids, guess what time it is?  That’s right, it’s time to play another interesting game.  Who’s excited to play, raise your hand? (all of the kids raise their hands)  Wow, I thought so.  Before we get started, let me tell you a little bit about this game.  Listen closely, so you understand what you have to do.  If you want to win, you have to know how to play, okay.

The name of today’s game is Cootie Catcher.  Don’t worry, no one is going to catch any cooties.  This game is actually more like a fortune telling game.  We are all going to have the chance to be fortunetellers, and to have our fortunes told.  Sounds like fund, doesn’t it?

First thing I’m going to do is give each of you a square.  These squares are going to become our crystal balls, and will contain our fortunes.  I will demonstrate how to make our crystal ball first.  Watch me, and then I’ll walk you through it again. 

First, I’m going to fold each corner over to the opposite corner to make two creases in the square, like this.  After making the creases, I’m going to open the paper flat again.  Next, I’m going to fold all four corners into the center, like this.  This will form a smaller square.  After that, I’m going to flip the square over and fold all the comers into the center again, forming an even smaller square.  Then, I’m going to flip it back over one more time, and slip one finger into each flap, pressing the center creases in together so that all four fingers bring the flaps to a point in the center, like this.  Lastly, I’m going to number the eight inside flaps, and write fortunes or jokes beneath them.  And it’s as simple as that, we now have a cootie catcher.  Easy, huh? 

Okay, class, now, let’s try it again, only you follow along, making your own cootie catcher this time (teacher walks the students through the making of the cootie catcher again).

All right, now everyone has their own cootie catcher.  Now, comes the fun part.  Everyone, take a few minutes and think of some really funny jokes and some really good fortunes.  Be as creative and funny as you can.  After you’ve thought of some good jokes and fortunes, write them under the eight inside flaps.  After you’ve written your fortunes and jokes, number your flaps from one to eight.

Okay, is everyone finished?  Now, let’s get into groups of two.  One of you is going to play the fortuneteller, and the other will be the customer.  Customer, you should call out a number from one to ten.  Fortuneteller, you need to open and close the flaps of the Cootie Catcher the corresponding number of times.  Customer, you should then choose from one of the four numbers displayed on the inside.  Fortuneteller, you should open out the flap for the chosen number and read the fortune inside.

Let’s do a roll play.  How about Jenny and Steve, why don’t you two show us how it’s done.  Jenny, you be the fortuneteller and Steve, you be the customer.  Steve, pick a number.

B: Steve: How about five.

W: Teacher: Okay Jenny, you know what to do, open and close your cooties catcher five times.

G: Jenny: One, two, three, four, five. Okay, finished.

W: Teacher: Okay, now Steve, pick one of the four numbers.

B: Steve: I want to pick number two.

W: Teacher: Okay, Jenny, open number two and read Steve’s fortune.

G: Jenny: Steve, I predict that when you grow up, you are going to get married to Natasha.

B: Steve: Ooo, no way.  I’m never going to get married.

W: Teacher: Ha, Ha.  Okay, class, see how much fun this game is?  Now, it’s everyone’s turn, let’s have a blast.

ernest
제목 등록일
저의 어록들... 2007-04-22
Holly의 토론토대 물리학부 합격... 2007-04-20
전문강사교육과 인내와 비 스마트 2007-04-18
전문강사교육... 2007-04-16
Game 영어... 2007-04-12
영어의 패턴 2007-04-11
해석이라는 것 2007-04-11
로마인이야기를 마치며... 2007-04-10
마음이 있는 곳에 길은 있다 2007-04-09
호랑이 문신... 2007-04-09