home  navigate_next  열린 강의  navigate_next  Text 강의

Text 강의

시애틀 추장의 편지3 Wise Saying

자, 이제 정말 얼마 안 남았습니다. 집중하여 외우고 또 외우시기 바랍니다. 오늘은 조금만 하겠습니다. 이제 한 두번만 더 하면 이 장문의 연설은 끝을 맺게 됩니다. 열심히 하시기 바랍니다.

Day and night cannot dwell together. 낮과 밤은 동시에 존재할 수 없습니다.
The Red Man has ever fled the approach of the White Man, as the morning mist flees before the morning sun. 마치 태양이 떠오르면 없어지는 아침안개처럼 우리 인디언들은 백인들이 다가오는 것을 피해다녔습니다.

However, your proposition seems fair and I think that my people will accept it and will retire to the reservation you offer them. 그렇지만 당신들의 제안이 겉보기에는 꽤 괜찮은 것 같으니 이젠 우리 인디언들이 그 제안을 받아들여서 우리에게 당신들이 제공하는 인디언 보호구역이란 곳으로 들어 갈 것 같습니다.

Then we will dwell apart in peace, for the words of the Great White Chief seem to be the words of nature speaking to my people out of dense darkness. 그래서 이제 따로 떨어져서 전쟁에 휘말리지 않고 살아갈 것이겠지요. 당신들 백인들의 대 추장이 한 말이니 그것이 우리에게는 짙은 어둠 속에서 나오라는 저 위대한 자연으로부터의 말과 같은 것이기 때문입니다. (백인들에게 약속을 지킬 것을 심리적으로 압박하고 있슴)

It matters little where we pass the remnant of our days. 사실 우리가 앞으로 남은 날들을 살아갈 곳이 어디냐 하는 문제는 중요하지 않습니다.

They will not be many. 그곳들은 보나마나 많지는 않겠지요.

The Indian's night promises to be dark. 인디언들의 밤은 온통 어둡기만 할 것입니다.

Not a single star of hope hovers above his horizon. 단 하나의 희망의 별도 밤의 지평선위로 뜨지 않을 것입니다.

Sad-voiced winds moan in the distance. 바람은 저 멀리에서 슬픈 소리로 불어 댈 것입니다.

Grim fate seems to be on the Red Man's trail, and wherever he will hear the approaching footsteps of his fell destroyer and prepare stolidly to meet his doom, as does the wounded doe that hears the approaching footsteps of the hunter. 혹독한 운명이 인디언의 앞길을 막고 있습니다. 그 운명의 모든 길에서 우리 인디언들은 마치 사냥꾼의 총에 맞은 사슴이 사냥꾼이 다가오는 발자국 소리를 들으며 주저 앉아 있듯이 그저 하릴없이 운명을 맞을 준비를 하며 우리를 쓰러트려 멸망시키는 사람들의 다가오는 발걸음을 듣고 있을 수 밖에 없습니다.

오늘도 열심히..
Ernest
제목 등록일
Wise Saying New Wise Saying - 7 2009-12-01
Wise Saying New wise saying 6 2009-11-21
Wise Saying new wise saying 5 2009-11-21
Wise Saying new wise saying 4 2009-11-21
Wise Saying new wise saying 3 2009-11-21
Wise Saying new wise saying 2 2009-11-21
Wise Saying new wise saying 1 2009-11-21
Wise Saying 시애틀 추장의 편지3 2009-11-21
Wise Saying 시애틀 추장의 편지2 2009-11-21